Skip Navigation Links
Home
History
Pastors Corner
Pictures
Alcoholics Anonymous
Narcotics Anonymous
Gamblers Anonymous

007105
Visitors since 2/9/2008







A Brief History of Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church

  • 127 years ago, on December 19th, 1880, the “German Evangelical Lutheran Christ Congregation,” of Woodhaven, NY, was created; the Reverend Theo Wittich was their minister.
  • On October 15th, 1884, they changed their name to “Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church.” The property on the corner of 86th Street and 101st Avenue was purchased, the original church building, a small wooden structure, was built.
  • The original church building was consumed in a fire in the early 1900’s. The building you see now was erected in 1917.
  • The property for the Parish Center was purchased in the 1950’s
  • The congregation voted to merge with St. Luke’s Lutheran Church and St. Phillip’s Lutheran Church on March 1st 2015. The three churches merged together to become All Saint’s Evangelical Lutheran Church of Southwest Queens New York.

Luthers Rose

 
  Page Last Updated: 4/23/2015
©2008 Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ozone Park New York 5013(C)